The Teresa Tarmey Programme
Renowned skincare expert, Teresa Tarmey, has unveiled her first product line, a pioneering ‘at-home’ facial kit, which will allow consumers to experience her signature 12-week skincare programme, in the comfort of their own home. The programme features 6 brand new products, tailor-made, with bespoke design details and benefits developed especially to enhance the kit.
Teresa Tarmey’s 12-week programme is designed to enhance luminosity and revitalise the skin. Based on her signature micro-needling facial, where the skin is replenished, plumped with moisture and left feeling firmer, reducing the appearance of fine lines, visibly evening out the skin tone and protecting the skin. Targeting all skin types and all ages, Teresa has tailor made each product and provided tools to mimic the effects of mesotheraphy, to trigger collagen reproduction, for maximum effect.
• Visibly reduce signs of ageing and the impact stress and environment has on the skin
• Encourages skin to perform its natural function and appear revitalised
• Brightens the appearance of skin and improve the feeling of firmness, texture and tone
1. Lactic Acid Toner -gently exfoliates skin without the downtime. As opposed to glycolic acid, this toner is suitable for all skin types, reducing the feeling of dryness and tightness, and allowing the skin to maintain a water balance and hydrate.
2. Peptide Treatment – makes skin feel firmer, revitalises and replenishes skin, visibly evens out the skin tone and boosts hydration.
3. Genuine Dermaroller – a therapy in itself, the Dermaroller is a medical tool that allows treatment to penetrate further.
4. 24ct gold plated Massage tool – maximises the Peptide Treatment’s potency by vibrating the product into skin.
5. Silicone Mask – Rather than providing sheet masks with pre-applied product, Teresa developed a reusable silicone mask, which she feels is more beneficial to using sheet masks. Silicone was selected due to its unique properties that replenish and hydrate the skin whilst allowing it to breathe. The masks are syringed with a high percentage of pure hyaluronic acid.
6. Hyaluronic Acid Gel – helps plump the skin with moisture.
Teresa Tarmey comments:
“I think this is a real game changer in terms of at home treatments. I have always strived to offers clients a ‘home away from home’ environment, where they can feel truly relaxed, with the added enhancement of beautiful surroundings. By developing this new programme, which has been a real labour of love, it allows clients to continue their high impact skin regime outside of the salon, to ensure maximum results.”
Step 1 – LACTIC LOVE
Apply 6-8 drops of Lactic Acid Toner to dry cleansed skin. The chemical exfoliation helps create visibly radiant and clear skin and improves moisture retention, making skin feel smoother and softer. Once applied, skin does not need to be rinsed, but if you have sensitive skin, wash off the product with cold water after 2-3 minutes.
Step 2 – PASS THE PEPTIDE
Once the Lactic Acid Toner is dry, apply approximately half of the Peptide Treatment from one of the bottles to skin. The tailor-made peptide combination includes powerful antioxidants, vitamins and minerals including the skin brightening mulberry extract. Once placed on skin, do not massage product.
Step 3 – READY TO ROLL
A diagram and full instructions are provided on how to use the dermaroller at this step. The movement is called microneedling and directly injects the Peptide Treatment into the skin. Teresa will be offering extra support and tips via her website www.teresatarmey.com.
Step 4 – MASSAGE TO MAXIMISE
Massage the remaining product into the skin with the 24ct gold plated massage tool that gently vibrates the product into skin.
Step 5 – PAUSE THE PROCESS
To enhance benefits, do not wash off excess product. Skin will redden as it is gently punctured to initiate the healing process. Avoid using other products. To achieve the best results, apply the reusable silicone mask. This will help the product penetrate further. Following use of the mask, rinse with lukewarm water.
Step 6 – HYALURONIC HIT
After 1-2 days, skin will begin to feel dry and it is time to hydrate and replenish the skin. Syringe a third of the Hyaluronic Acid Gel into the silicone mask. The silicone mask will help to replenish skin while delivering product. Alternatively, apply the gel directly to skin before placing mask on. Leave the mask on for 10-15 minutes before rinsing.
Teresa Tarmey Lactic Acid Toner
– L-Lactic acid: gently exfoliates most skin types without downtime. The chemical exfoliation helps create beautifully radiant and clear skin.
– Glycerin: maintains the water balance of the skin by acting as a humectant, hydrates the skin and enhances the skin’s barrier protection.
– Allantoin: increases moisture retention. Skin is particularly sensitive to life’s daily stress factors, which may result in skin dryness and tightness. By increasing the capacity of corneocytes to bind water, Allantoin reinforces the skin’s natural protective barrier and improves its moisture retention, providing a smoothing and softening effect to the skin.
-Dipropylene Glycol: a humectant, a chemical that helps your skin (or other substances) retain moisture. It is also a solubilizer, which means it makes other substances (such as fat) more soluble in water. Also a penetration enhancer and provides good slip.
-Aloe Vera Gel (humectant)
-Glycerin: maintains the water balance of the skin by acting as a humectant, hydrates the skin and enhances the skin’s barrier protection.
-Peptide Complex: tailor made peptide combination providing skin smoothing, backed by In Vitro and In Vivo tests. It reduces the appearance of deep wrinkles and irons out smaller wrinkles. It significantly increases the amount of undamaged, stable and homogenous collagens (with particular focus on collagen type III – the youth collagen) to facilitate their unique contribution to beautiful smooth skin. Skin is smoother with a softer touch and improved overall young looking appearance, skin appears plumper and firmer, appearance of fine lines and wrinkles is visible reduced.
-Hydrolysed Soy Protein: a plant derived protein that is hydrolyzed down to a lower molecular weight, allowing for easier skin penetration to enhance moisturization properties. Soy hydrolysis also provides anti-irritant properties
-Mulberry Liquorice Extract: helps brighten the skin
-Polysaccharide Complex: cationic compound binds well to the skin to form a film, which helps seal in moisture and the actives allowing them to fully penetrate to their maximum.
-Stable Vitamin C: a powerful anti-oxidant and free radical scavenger that: Significantly reduces the UV-induced formation of oxidized sebum in human skin, shows superior activity in reducing acne vulgaris compared to the prescriptive drug Benzoyl Peroxide, reduces the melanogenesis in primary human meanocytes by 57%, provides synergistic anti-oxidant activity when combined with Vitamin E, helps increase skin firmness by stimulating collagen production, counter-acts age spots
-Vitamin B3 (Niacinamide): a stable vitamin which offers a wide range of benefits, including for skin lightening, blemished skin, and anti-wrinkle.
-Vitamin B5 (Panthenol): a good humectant and has a demonstrated ability to penetrate the skin and improve hydration while reducing redness and inflammation.
Teresa Tarmey Hyaluronic Acid Gel
– Hyaluronic Acid: (humectant) a water attracting ingredient that helps plump the skin with moisture.
– Vitamin B3 (Niacinamide): a stable vitamin which offers a wide range of benefits, including for skin lightening, blemished skin, and anti-wrinkle.
– Vitamin B5 (Panthenol): a good humectant and has a demonstrated ability to penetrate the skin and improve hydration while reducing redness and inflammation.