Teresa Tarmey Limited (collectively “we”, “us” or “our”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
The data controller is Teresa Tarmey Limited whose trading address is at 57 Holland Road, London W14 8HL.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
We collect information about you that you give us by using our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you make an appointment, register to use our site, subscribe to our newsletter or service, search for a product, place an order on our site, interact with us in any other way (such as via social media or by contacting us through our site, by e-mail, telephone or otherwise for information, assistance or advice), click on an advert that we put on our or someone else’s website or platform, attend an event we run or sponsor, enter a competition, promotion or survey, participate in research panels, apply for a job (directly with us or through a third party site) or when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, billing and delivery addresses, e-mail address and phone number, account username, date of birth, shopping history, shopping preferences, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION AND BASIS FOR PROCESSING
We will use your data in order to perform the contract between you and us:
– when you make an order (whether on our site, by telephone or by email);
– when you create an account on our site (if you choose to sign up for one);
– to collect payment from you;
– to send you an electronic receipt;
– to process and fulfil your order; and
– to protect and defend our legal rights and interests.
We will use your data where it is necessary for our legitimate interests, such as:
– to provide you with information about products and services we offer and details about any special offers, promotions or events;
– to notify you about changes to our service;
– to analyse, use and respond to any feedback you provide us on our site or products/services;
– to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
– to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
– to use data analytics to improve our site, products/services, marketing, social media engagement, customer relationships and experiences;
– to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
– as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
– to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
– to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them;
– to recover debts due to us; and
– to review and process any job application you may send us.
We will use your data where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We collect and process data with your consent when you sign up to receive marketing communications from us.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
– selected third party service providers including business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the fulfilment and delivery of your order; technical, analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the provision, improvement and optimisation of our site; professional advisers (including consultants, lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers); credit card processing providers and any providers of market research, promotions management services or customer relationship management services; and
– our holding company, subsidiaries or affiliates.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
– in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
– if Teresa Tarmey Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; and
– if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms & Conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Teresa Tarmey Limited, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use appropriate procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Our site is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
Whenever we collect or process your personal data, we will only keep it for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. At the end of that retention period, your data will either be deleted completely or anonymised. For example, data collected for marketing purposes will be deleted once you unsubscribe from our newsletter whereas data provided in connection with a purchase may be kept for 6 years for accounting purposes.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in newsletters and emails you may receive from us or you can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject message “unsubscribe”.
You may also have certain rights in relation to personal information that we hold about you. These include the right to request access to your personal information, to request that it is erased, that its processing is restricted, or to correct any inaccurate personal information. You may also have the right to object to the processing of your personal information, or in certain circumstances to receive a copy of your personal information in a machine readable format. Please contact us at email@example.com if you would like to make a request. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request for specific legal or other reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
You also have the right to make a complaint about the use of your personal information to the Information Commissioner’s Office. We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our site may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not liable or responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our site, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
This policy was last updated on 24 October 2018.